Dr. Miracle’s "Temple & Nape Gro Balm" (super) REVIEW + What are your thoughts on their commercials/ advertisements?
Net Wt. 4oz./113g – $8.39
Hair is often finer in the temple and nape areas due to traction from ponytails, tight braids, heat or chemical styling. Our soothing balm targets these areas by stimulating blood flow to the scalp, promoting re-growth. This light hairdressing can also be used on the length of the hair.
Benfits: Dr. Miracle’s Temple & Nape Gro Balm – Super Strength is my prescription to quickly promote growth in the temple and nape area.
* Super Strength Formula is for folks who need a more intense tingling sensation.
* “Feel It” Formula’s tingling sensation supports strong growing hair and healthy scalp.
* Thermalceutical™ complex pinpoints scientific ingredients directly in the areas that need it most.
* Temple & Nape Gro Balm stimulates blood flow to the scalp in the temple and nape areas; continues to work even after you stop feeling it.
Ingredients: Thermaceutical™ Complex (Aqua, Styrene / Acrylates Copolymer, Cetyl Acetate (And) Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Simethicone, Polysorbate 80, Hydrolyzed
Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Zinc Ricinoleate), Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Oleth-10, Oleth-20, Dea-Oleth-3 Phosphate, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Menthol, Parfum, Caramel, Fd&C Yellow #5, Fd&C Orange #4, Dm Dm Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHA
How-To-Use: Use twice a day for 30 days and evaluate your results. Massage into the temple and
nape (back of your head) directly into the scalp. Now experience my “Feel It” Formula.
May be used on your hair as a finishing touch. Leave in. Style as usual.
Temple & Nape Gro Balm is our family’s secret for the problems with your temple and nape…now it’s yours! For amazing results, use my entire range of Dr. Miracle’s hair care products. You’ll be glad you did.
I’ve avoided using Dr. Miracle’s for years. Surprisingly, it wasn’t because of the ingredients, reviews from others (which are mostly favorable), price or availability. I’m simply turned off by a lot of their commercials. I find that most of them portray black women as being vain, loud-talkin’, neck rollin’, hand on the hip women. I’d love them to show us in a better image. I was also surprised that their products are marketed towards both relaxed and natural hair on the actual product, but the commercials only portray the image that only straight hair is healthy hair. One commercial really stands out in my mind is the one that shows a beautiful woman waking up in the morning with her hair looking like “morning hair” and screaming that she needs a relaxer. Women don’t jump out the bed looking gorgeous. It’s not the relaxer. You simply need to comb you hair in the morning. On the other hand I really enjoy the Dr. Miracle’s hair tip videos by Kathleen Johnson. I wish they were longer because they’re so informative and refreshing compared to hair product commercials I usually see on television. None the less I was provided with the opportunity to try a few of their products and with hesitation decided to give them a try. Over the next couple weeks I’ll be posting quite a few reviews on Dr. Miracle’s products. Now about the “Temple and Nape Gro Balm” super formula….
- I didn’t find this product to be oily nor greasy at all. I was surprised by how light it is…it’s very soft and melts like an oil once warmed with the body’s temperature.
- No issues with build-up or removal during the washing process (including co-washing).
- I love the “feel it’ formula when I used it all over on wash days.
- The strong scent of mint and clove didn’t linger in my hair.
- I used this product on my temples, nape, and hairline and only used a pea-sized amount at a time. A little will go a long way..hence more bag for the buck.
- ZERO irritation to my scalp.
- I achieved noticeable growth on my hairline and only a small amount on the temples. I also noticed that the hair on my temples aren’t as weak which has been an issue of mine in the past since I have fine hair.
- You have to use it twice a day. If you stimulate your scalp that often it should be expected that you’ll achieve results…even if it’s not a lot.
- The scent lingered in my satin hair bonnet.
- I think it’s going to take a couple more months before I see optimal results.
- No growth on the nape area.
- Since the scent is strong I wasn’t able to use it on my hair.
Overall I was happy with this product, results, and formula. Even though this is the “super” formula I feel that it can be kicked up a notch with the help of essential oils and carrier oil.
Disclaimer: This product(s)was sent to the author for review by the manufacturer/PR. All reviews on “Addicted To All Things Pretty” remain unbiased and unpaid. For more info, feel free to contact the author.