Top 10 Baby Product Trends of 2018
If you want to give your baby the best, then you need to make sure you’re aware of the hottest baby products on the market. Read on to learn the top 10 baby product trends of 2018.
Congratulations, you just had a baby! The little bundle of joy squealing in your arms needs your love, your attention, and a LOT of supplies.
Babies are adorable but they’re not exactly low-maintenance. Luckily, the baby industry is booming with new and pretty creations you may have never even heard of.
So what should you stock with your nursery with? Keep reading to find out the best new baby product for you.
10 Must-Have Baby Items
There are a ton of companies that focus on infants and they’re really stepping up their game.
Some of the products introduced this year look like they belong on the set of Star Trek. And that’s great news for you and baby!
- Baby gate – Remember those old bamboo and pine gates that people used to use? They could chop your fingers off, let alone baby’s! You don’t need this item until about four months, remember to plan ahead and you’ll be fine.
Get a gate with some advanced features like a magnetic walkthrough. A grown-up can just push the get open, but the baby will stay where she’s supposed to. Search for a baby gate, and don’t get a pet gate!
- Incognito Scarves – Another of those must-have baby items that became really hot in 2018 are incognito scarves. These cute scarves also double as silk and polyester cover so that you can breastfeed your baby in private, while you’re in public! When you’re done, they double as gorgeous neck scarves.
- Holle Organic Formula – You are what you eat, and your baby is just getting started on that journey. There will never be a time where eating healthy food will be better for your baby, than at the start. When you’re ready to move away from breastfeeding to formula, try an organic formula.
Holle Organic is a trusted Swiss company that has been producing an organic formula for over 35 years.
- Portable milk warmers – It was always a pain in the butt to warm milk on the go. You had to get some hot water and it wasn’t always easy. You were guaranteed to spill it, and a general fiasco would ensue.
Modern mothers don’t have to worry about such problems thanks to the miracle of chemical heaters. These handy little packs get stuff next to an aluminum bottle, and voila: warm milk.
They are heat packs that warm milk up, Why didn’t anybody think of this before?
- Modern Baby Carrier – Of all the baby stuff you need, one thing is for sure, you have to get from Point A to Point B. how are you going to carry all this stuff and the baby? Get a modern baby carrier.
Since time began, mothers used a papoose or some kind of girdle to haul their little infants around. The problem with these devices is that you can only hold a baby in one position. A modern baby carrier is secured with velcro or lock straps and can be adjusted for front or rear carrying.
- Cloth Diapers – The Earth doesn’t belong to us, it belongs to the future. We have to do our part. Cloth diapers can be reused over and over again.
Actually, modern cloth diapers are terrific. Rinse them off in the sink, and throw em into the wash on high with a little bleach. Tumble dry and they are ready to be used again.
- Machine washable activity mat – You have to put your baby somewhere. That place is going to get covered in a certain amount of disgusting material. You want to clean it in the washing machine.
Don’t use a yoga mat for your baby. Studies show that many commercial yoga mats that adults use have chemicals in them that might be harmful to your child.
You could use a blanket. It will either be very heavy and hard to clean or too flimsy and will leak through. Get a specialty mat that is machine washable.
- Taco Booties – You might think your baby has the cutest eet of all time, but they might be made cuter with.. you guessed it: Taco Booties! Wrap your baby’s feet in super soft, machine washable booties to keep her clean and warm.
Maybe the all-time cutest booties. Booties are for whenever it’s cold but don’t leave them on 24 hours a day. You could dry out your babies little feet, so be careful!
- Home Security Systems – You might not think a home security system when you think of baby products, but you need safety and security now that you have a baby. There is a whole new generation of systems out there that let you view the interior of your home on a smartphone. A baby monitor isn’t a sound device anymore, you can see your child via video too!
If you ever get a babysitter, don’t use illicit surveillance. Until your children are about five years old, it’s ok to have cameras in every room of the house. Just tell the babysitter you have installed cameras and they’ll be on their best behavior!
- Infant Tub – When you wash your baby, she might start to scream. It’s natural to not want a bath! Make sure she’s just being fussy and isn’t in any real discomfort. As a safety issue, you need to set the temperature of the bath just right.
The old school way is to use a baby bath thermometer. Today there are digital bath baths that always show a big bright temperature gauge. This lets you really make sure the bath isn’t too hot or too cold, but perfect.
Make sure your baby’s bath is 99-101 degrees F exactly. That’s just a degree or two above body temperature. She’ll feel like she’s at the spa!
The Best Baby Product
Having a baby will be one of the best times of your life. It will only get better if you get the best baby product for your little ray of sunshine. If you enjoyed these tips, check out our blog for pretty things for the rest of your life too!