7 Brilliant Self-Care Tips That You Can Try Today
Are you completely stressed out or pressed for time? You still need to prioritize time for yourself. Click here to learn the best self-care tips.
In today’s busy, stressed out world, the person we tend to neglect the most is ourselves.
How often do you put your own wants, needs, and feelings of worthiness on the back-burner so that you can take care of someone else?
Our guess is way too often.
The bottom line is that self-care is not selfish, contrary to what many people may think. Self-care is so important to maintaining your own sense of self and your overall happiness.
Self-care should be an essential part of your life, carved into your everyday routine so that your needs don’t go unrecognized.
If you’re looking for a few simple self-care tips, this blog outlines it all for you.
5 Essential Self-Care Tips
Self-care isn’t determined by spending hours upon hours of time on yourself in a completely self-involved manner.
Essentially, self-care is about incorporating small acts of self-kindness into your everyday life, prioritizing your needs as a person.
Self-care is also about learning to become completely comfortable in your own skin, in other words, learning to love yourself.
The more actively these self-care tips are practiced, the easier you will be able to manage your stress and the challenging life situations thrown your way.
These self-care tips will help you to let go of feelings anger, resentment, frustration and most importantly, unworthiness.
With that said, let’s get right to it:
1. Make Time for Exercise
If you’ve heard it once, you’ve probably heard it one hundred times! Finding time to exercise is one of our most important self-care tips.
Exercise is scientifically linked to happiness, releasing feel-good endorphins which help to boost your self-esteem and energy levels.
If you don’t have spare time to squeeze exercise into your day, just make sure you are keeping active in every little way possible.
This may include taking the stairs instead of the elevator, walking to your local coffee shop instead of driving etc.
Finding time to spend 20-30 minutes on exercising is a way of devoting time to improving your health. And what could be more important than that?
2. Take Time to Pamper Yourself
This is one of those self-care tips many people struggle to grasp. There is nothing selfish or too indulgent about taking time to pamper yourself.
Essentially, it can be seen as a form of preventative healthcare.
Devoting time to unwinding in an environment away from the stresses of home or work life is vital to both your physical and mental health.
When was the last time you invested in one of the best foot massagers on the market? If you feel like you deserve it, then go ahead and treat yourself.
Over time, your frame-of-mind will adjust and this form of self-care will become an essential part of your life.
3. Write Down & Repeat Positive Affirmations
If you have a big day ahead or feel a little stressed, take 5-minutes out of your day to write down or repeat a few positive affirmations to yourself.
First thing in the morning is a great way to set-up your mindset for the day, writing down three positive affirmations about yourself.
Try and avoid generic affirmations such as: ”I am hardworking”. Instead, focus on genuine attributes about your personality.
If your day starts to become overwhelming, try repeating these three positive affirmations to yourself.
Slowly but surely you can turn your mindset around and learn to manage stress levels in calmer, more positive manner.
4. Fit Self-Care into Your Schedule
If you lead a hectic, fast-paced life and struggle to juggle everyday tasks, fitting self-care into the mix may not seem doable.
This is where you should physically sit down with your planner and write out your day’s tasks.
While doing so, fit at least 20-30 minutes of ”me time” into your schedule.
Whether it’s enjoying your morning coffee without distraction or a brisk afternoon walk, writing it down in your schedule means you have no excuse to avoid self-care!
5. Make Time for What You Truly Enjoy
All too often we are influenced by what family and friends enjoy or compare our way of unwinding with theirs.
”FOMO” – the fear of missing out should not be part of your self-care regimen!
Forget about what others choose to do with their spare time and focus on yourself and what you truly enjoy.
If this means staying in on a Saturday night and reading a book or listening to an audiobook, versus dressing up and heading out, then so be it.
Your soul will thank you for focusing on what it craves, rather than complying with what you think you ”should be doing”.
We all have different ways of relaxing. Self-care is about discovering what you truly enjoy in order to maintain your own levels of happiness.
10 Simple and Effective Self-Care Activities
If the above self-care tips don’t do it for you, try these simple activities in a bid to further improve your frame-of-mind:
- Try and actively avoid negative thinkingthroughout the day. Take note of the state of your mindset by the end of the day.
- Allow yourself to write freely in a journal. Be unapologetically honest and don’t judge yourself. You may be surprised at a how cathartic this can be.
- Treat yourself to a romantic candlelight dinner. Cook yourself a meal you’ve been craving, indulge in champagne and don’t feel one ounce of guilt!
- Unfriend or unfollow negative people on Facebook. Social media is pervasive and can have a dire effect on your mental state – simply cut this negativity out.
- Get comfortable with a cozy blanket, your favorite treats and watch a feel-good movie.
- Unplug from social media for a few days. As mentioned, social media can severely affect your mental state. Log off your accounts and take a digital detox.
- If you feel the urge, then go ahead and have a big ‘ol cry. Releasing your emotions is 100% natural and it’s incredibly healthy to embrace how you feel.
- Get creative and create a vision board for daily inspiration. Use beautiful images and words to represent your goals and aspirations.
- Set up healthy boundaries. This involves saying ”no” to others when you are feeling overwhelmed and saying ”yes” more often to yourself.
- Indulge in a sleep-in. A good sleep is an incredible thing, it can do wonders for your energy levels, mood, and frame-of-mind.
Stay Up-to-Date With Addicted To All Things Pretty
If you’re looking for more inspirational articles on the power of self-care and self-motivation, Addicted to All Things Pretty has it all.
As a helpful online portal of information, find articles on the latest trends in makeup, skin care, business, health, and fitness.
Get in touch with them for all your business queries.