Amazing Types of Car Modifications to Enhance Your Ride.
Everyone in this world desires to be distinctive from others; everyone desires to stand out. People buy fancy clothes and paint their houses in a different way to stand out from others. There are about 17 million cars in Australia, and presently, almost 93% of households have cars.
You can imagine, that’s a whole pool of the same kind of vehicles. People are looking to stand out even on the roads. No wonder, a lot of people these days are going for car modifications. Below is the article, we will guide you on the concept, types, and rules of car modifications.
What is Car Modification?
Car modification is the word for processing used to alter your car’s appearance or performance, and the final product is more good-looking and better-performing vehicles. It makes your car different from the generic stock cars manufactured by the same company.
What are the different car modifications?
Car modifications can be broadly classified into three categories: Functional, cosmetic, and performance modifications. To know more, click here.
Performance modifications: The modifications done to reinforce the performance like handling, power, or fuel efficiency of a vehicle are referred to as functional modifications. The owner may select a modification based on their requirement. Some of the performance modifications include:
- Brakes upgrade: Brakes are the essential part of a car as the handling of a car is mostly dependant on it. Modifying the brakes would give you a better grip on the car and would also help in preventing accidents. Getting a brake’s update is a good practice, and you should modify them long before they wear out.
- Turbocharger: Turbocharging alters the performance of a car by increasing the overall performance of the engine. This can help you use your car to its fullest potential.
- Suspension upgrades: It is one of the most common modifications that owners prefer. Suspension plays an important role in the handling and stability of the vehicle. It is important to get the perfect suspension to meet the driving style of the owner.
Functional modifications: The modifications which change or add certain features to the car are termed as functional modifications. These are not essential, but the owner can have these modifications for a more comfortable ride. Some of the functional modifications include:
- Car phone: Often, the drivers are disturbed by phone calls during driving which could lead to accidents. To prevent this, you may install a car phone which would give you the liberty of using the phone while driving. Phone calls can be made or received without even touching the phone.
- Air conditioning:In Australia, we have three months of summer where the temperature can go above 50 C. An air conditioning system installed in the car would give relief to the riders in the scorching heat.
Cosmetic modifications: These are generally done to make the car look more beautiful and attractive. These modifications can give an old car a brand new look. Some of the cosmetic modifications are:
- Window tint: This is a part of a paint job where the windows of the car are given a new tint. A unique tint makes the car stand out from others.
- Decal works: Decal works are becoming more popular among owners. Nowadays, many people prefer decals over painting the car. This style of stickers is durable, shiny, and can give your car a distinctive look. They are very convenient to add, remove or replace.
There are several other modifications too. It is advised to check all the advantages and disadvantages before making any modifications to your car.