Quad Upgrades To Enhance Your Riding Experience
If you and your kids disappear every weekend to explore quad venues, you certainly wouldn’t be alone. ATV riding has grown in popularity, especially with families and as we move into 2022 and your country opens up, you’ll be planning a few rides.
If you’re thinking add-ons, you’ve come to the right place, as we offer a few cool upgrades for your quad.
- Upgrade To Performance Tyres– The shoes do make a difference. Talk to your local quad dealer about performance tyres, which give added grip and stable cornering. There is a range of tread patterns and knobbly tyres will give you more oomph on rough terrain. Take note of PSI settings, as incorrect inflation can impact performance. If you are new to the game, why not have a basic riding course, which would be about 3-4 hours and that would give you the safety basics that enable you to control the ATV.
- Suspension Upgrade– Factory suspension might be fine, but there are superb shocks that transform the riding experience. Again, talk to a quad bike for kids UK dealer and see what they have in stock. You can acquire a few accessories for the little ones. Kids are good with factory suspension; but as an adult develops riding skills, better shocks make things smoother. For those outside the UK, search on Google for a dealer in your location.
- Nerf Bars – They not only look the business, nerf bars protect your feet (and the quad foot pedals and controls). Your local quad dealership would have the full range of nerf bars and they will fit them for you if you bring your machine. Chrome or black are standard and there are some cool brands to consider.
- Chain & Sprocket Upgrade– Go for the pro level and get the most out of your power unit. You have to experience the difference for yourself in order to fully appreciate the extra traction. Even better if you have a 1000cc engine; 500cc is also adequate to require a top-quality chain and sprocket set; not the sort of upgrade for kids machines, although chains and sprockets do eventually wear away and need replacing.
- Carb Upgrade– Depending on the make of your quad, you might be able to upgrade to a larger carburettor, which would give you another 10-15hp. This would only be recommended for intermediate and up. You do need a level of control and skill to make best use these carbs. Whether you ride a Yamaha or SMC, there will be upgrades with wider air intakes and you will instantly notice the difference when you twist that throttle wide open! The dealer can tell you the power output your engine delivers (also in the owner’s manual).
If you’re new to ATV riding and would like to test the water, so to speak, you can rent a quad at one of the many venues in your country. Once you’re hooked, you can get your own quad from the leading quad dealer, where you can also find upgrades and add-ons.