Say It with Roses – Meaning, Uses, and Symbolism
Roses create a romantic ambience. They are typically presented as a sign of love. But roses can mean other things such as confidentiality. During the medieval era, roses were placed in assembly rooms to signify secrecy. Roses also have mystical meaning and are featured in Tarot cards. In the magician tarot, the rose signifies the birth of wisdom. When you give or receive roses, it has a transformative power and brings positive energy. Bring the beauty of roses in your home or office.
Roses or flowers, in general, has helped people to express warm emotions for a very long time now. People send flowers to dear ones as an expression of love. The best day to send flowers is on Valentine’s day, which is huge in Australia, with Aussies spending over 20 million dollars to celebrate the day. Nearly $ 3 million are spent on blooms, and florists work non-stop on days that lead up to this holiday. Valentine’s spending has increased yearly by 8 per cent. Aussies will be taking their partners to dinner dates, drinks, and treating them with gifts. Valentines cost $136 on average, with a significant percentage of it spent on flowers and especially roses. If you are to order flowers online in Australia, there are some really good vendors who present you with fresh flowers in all its vibrant glory. Here are some rosy facts to saturate your floral intellect:
The Symbolism of Roses
- A rose’s symbol will depend on its colour and the number of flowers given.
- Red roses typically signify love and romance. It is the ultimate Valentine’s Day flower.
- Pink roses signify gratitude and grace. You can also utilize pink roses to express admiration and feelings of joy.
- Orange roses signify passion, as well as enthusiasm.
- Yellow roses are great flowers to present to your friends and acquaintances since they symbolize friendship.
- White roses signify innocence as well as purity.
Note: In many cases, roses are a message of love. You can send your unique romantic message with the number of roses you give to a person. If you want to give roses to someone, you might want to consider giving them the freshest blooms. Choose from an array of rose arrangements in different colours and let your gift speak for you.
The Symbolism Behind the Number of Roses Given
- A single rose signifies love at first sight.
- Deep love is signified by two roses.
- Give three roses to convey the message: I love you.
- Profess your eternal love with nine roses
- Send six roses when you want to convey the message: I want to be yours.
- Is it an earth-shattering infatuation or crush? Send seven roses.
- Suppose you find that your significant other is simply perfect. Send ten roses.
Facts About Roses
- There are over 150 species of roses and at least a thousand hybrids which come in various shapes and colours.
- Roses are considered shrubs and can be categorized into three groups, such as old roses, species roses, and modern roses.
- Roses can be a healthy addition to salads and are completely edible. Add them as a colourful accent to desserts.
The Many Uses of Roses
Roses are known for their pleasant fragrance, and their essence is commonly harnessed for perfume and beauty products. Most notable is Rosewater, which has anti-inflammatory properties that can help calm irritated skin. Rosewater also has antioxidants which can help moisturize your skin. The fruit of roses known as rose hips has incredible benefits. It is edible and is enriched in Vitamin C.
Roses are strikingly beautiful, and their exquisite presence adds glamour to any space. Typically, they are used on special occasions such as Valentines and anniversaries. But you don’t have to wait for a special occasion to have these wonderful flowers in your life. Even if you’re from the busiest part of the country and a florist is out of your reach, you can always order flowers online in Australia. Gift them to someone or gift them to yourself, they are sure to bring brightness and positivity.